Most headaches are caused by muscle pain, usually from the neck and shoulders. That’s why deep breathing with simple postures for this area of the body relaxes and lets you get rid of that irritating feeling without any delay.
The trick is to make the sequence that is presented below with the conscious intention to relax, release and let go of all the thoughts, memories and negative emotions that cause muscle contraction. Remember that physical ailments are simply a message from your body and it is important to hear this message to take further action.
- Begin the sequence in child’s pose with arms outstretched to the front.
- From there, you go to dog and remain there for 10 breaths, raising your hips, trying to bring the heels to the floor.
- The next step is to sit in lotus or half lotus and seek to do the right column to the right torque holding for 5 breaths and then twist to the left for just 5 deep breaths.
- Then you lay face up bringing knees to chest and balance your body from one side to the other and proceed to the position of the candle, holding it for 10 deep breaths. If you cannot lift your hips off the floor, lift your legs resting them on the wall and hold the pose for 10 breaths. If possible, you can take your feet foot above the head looking to touch the floor with your feet with your legs extended.
- Back vertebra by vertebra until totally lying on your back, relax your body with your eyes closed and breathe freely for a couple of minutes to relax completely.